The Consistometer (or sometimes know as a Bostwick Consistometer);
Is a low cost, durable, instrument for accurately checking laboratory or production samples against consistency, viscosity or flow rate standards.
It uses little bench space and is yet probably the simplest, most accurate method of conducting a variety of flow associated tests. It is already widely used in the chemical, paint, cosmetic and food processing industries.
The consistometer provides a single parameter for a variety of flow tests which can be carried out over any period under as near identical conditions as possible.
- Low cost
- Ease of use
- Suitable for a variety of tests
- Provides a consistent platform for test
- Requires up to 100 ml of sample
- 316 food grade stainless steel construction
- Engraved with a series of precise graduations at 0.5 cm intervals
- Leveling screws and spirit level enable accurate set up
- Available as standard or extended version
Available as standard or extended version.
- A measured sample up to 100 ml, is placed in the reservoir behind the gate of the consistometer.
- The gate is released, by pressing the lock release lever - the spring action ensures it opens instantaneously.
- As the fluid flows down the instrument its progress can be accurately measured using the graduated scale. By comparing the flow rate to specified time periods the physical properties of the sample can be calculated.
Contact Us today for a Quote!